Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Valentine's Day

I transferred all of our pictures and videos from the last few weeks from our camera onto our computer. There are some real gems and I couldn't decide what to start with on the blog. But it's late and my brain is not fully functioning so I just decided to go with the one that would take the least thought, our Valentine's day.

I guess we aren't super into Valentine's Day. It's not that I mind the holiday, we just don't go all out. This year we decided to not exchange gifts. We really need a new computer. And a better vacuum. And we would like to finish fencing in our yard. All of which cost money so we decided one of those would be our gift to ourselves. Hasn't happened yet, but it's the thought that counts right? :)

The day before Valentine's we went to my parent's house and had the traditional heart-shaped pizza with everyone. It was fun and festive. On the big day we headed up to Cedar Rapids with some friends to enjoy some frozen yogurt. Yum! And then had some yummy dinner after. We might have gotten the order wrong but it seemed like the best way to avoid the crowds. Then we stayed up way too late watching a movie, People Like Us (it was mediocre, nothing to write home about).

Nothing too exciting, but it is nice to have a day to recognize the love you have in your life for your spouse, your family, and your friends. Loving and being loved is a great thing. I did make a cute book for Brennan like the one here. So I guess technically I broke the no gift rule but it was small and simple. If you're ever looking for a sentimental gift I would recommend it. It was pretty easy and I thought it turned out cute.

The Jensens, enjoying their frozen yogurt...well at least Tyron is. :)
 Me and my two favorite Valentines. There's no one in the world I love more than these two.
I hope you all had an enjoyable Valentine's Day as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment