Saturday, December 12, 2009

'Tis the Season

I love Christmas time. It is, without a doubt, the best time of the year. I love it because I get to:

1. listen to Christmas music.

2. drive through a nice neighborhood with Brennan to look at the Christmas lights.

3. dance in the kitchen with my nieces to "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" (while singing along as loud as possible of course)

4. eat yummy soup made by Brennan.

5. drink hot chocolate and wear slippers

6. go to Christmas concerts

7. shop for Christmas presents!

I think the thing I love the most is how those silly, less-important things that always seem to matter a great deal suddenly don't during Christmas time. It is time for finals and I would normally be stressed. But it seems that the spirit of the season makes it nearly impossible to be stressed. Now finals aren't really silly and they ARE important, but they are not MOST important. It doesn't really matter if I get an A or a B on my tests next week. Somehow the magical-ness of this Holiday helps me see that. In less than a week I get to go spend time with my family, relax, play in the snow, see old friends, enjoy my first Christmas with my husband, and just be happy! And that helps me not worry about tests or bills to be paid or anything else. Christ was born a long, long time ago for a very special reason. He died for me and He lives and loves me today. And that will still be true no matter what grades I get or what job I find or don't find. THAT puts things in perspective.

I wish it was Christmas time ALL the time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment