Thursday, May 17, 2012

the end of a fun weekend


Our weekend fun continued with Mother's Day.  Well my fun continued anyway, I'm not sure how fun it was for Brennan.  It has always been a tradition on Mother's Day to serve my mom breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  Even since I got married I have always helped with any of the meals that I have been around for.  But now that I'm a mom I get to just eat and I love to do that. :) We were at my parents' house for the whole day.  My dad made some yummy yeast waffles for breakfast.  He and Brennan made us some grilled roast beef sandwiches for lunch. And then Rich and the kids joined the ranks for dinner and we had fry bread with fajita meat on top. It was delicious! We topped it all off with homemade strawberry ice cream and made from scratch brownies. A day full of eating way too much, no changing diapers, and a beautiful necklace from Brennan and Tatum made my first Mother's Day better than I could have imagined.

And for reasons other than being able to stuff myself silly, I really do love being a mom and I am so grateful to have Tatum.  I am learning so much and hopefully becoming better every day.  I am so grateful to my mom and the great example that she is.  I can honestly say I have never met anyone more generous than that lady.  She is a better mom than I deserve and the best grandma Tatum could have asked for.

This is the card Tatum and I made for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment