Thursday, June 15, 2017

Mother's Day

I had a great Mother's Day this year. Brennan and the kids worked really hard to make it a special day for me. And I found myself thinking more about how lucky I am to be able to be a mom than about how much I deserve a day off from that. I don't know if that makes sense, but sometimes I feel like that's what Mother's Day ends up being about. Look at all this that mothers do, yadda yadda, give them a break one day a year. But this year I just felt sooo lucky that this is my job! Don't get me wrong though, I enjoyed every minute of not cooking or washing the dishes or changing diapers. :)

The day started out with some yummy cinnamon rolls Brennan made and some very thoughtful gifts. And we even had time to snap a few pictures outside before church.
I hosted a baby shower the day before and Brennan and the kids used that time to make me this cute canvas. The crayons say "Mom". And the kids hand prints are hidden in the melty part. It was a sweet surprise.
Tatum wrote me this note all by herself and it is perfect. I'm glad she still loves me but a little sad, although not surprised, that she kind of just sees me as someone who never gives her what she wants.
This was a project she did at preschool for Mother's Day.
A little interview about me and a picture of us.
Kelbie sent me these pictures on Mother's Day which I love. It's from Chalk the Walk in Mt. Vernon. I love little Emry sitting there all by herself and Tatum's pose is perfect.

Tatum gave me lots of cards and artwork the whole week leading up to Mother's Day. Mostly things she did during center time at preschool. I love this new stage of her being able to write what she wants herself. What she says seems more genuine and it's kind of a game to try to decipher what she has written. And is there anything sweeter after a long day as a mom than to find sweet notes from your kid hidden under your pillow?! Pretty much the best.

We finished off the day with some delicious steak. Doesn't get much better than that in my book. It was fantastic day, thanks to the fantastic people in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment