Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Happy Birthday Brennan!

Brennan turned 23 yesterday. He's getting pretty old. :) Our celebration wasn't anything real great but Brennan took the day off of homework which gave us lots more time to spend together than usual. I thought that was pretty great.

I decided to attempt to be a cute little wife and take treats to Brennan's work for his birthday. I told my mom of my cupcake plans last week and she suggested making some rainbow cupcakes my sister had done recently. I thought it was a cute idea. Little did I know it was making my idea much more complicated. After shooing Brennan out the door in the morning I got to work making rainbow cupcakes, hoping to still make it to my job by 9. Well putting six layers in each cupcake is a little bit time consuming. It took me 20 minutes to do all 6 layers in only 3 cupcakes!! So...I cheated. I started just globbing the colors in, not really worrying about spreading out each layer.
Here is the finished product. Brennan thought I just had some sort of magical rainbow cupcake mix. What does he take me for??

I picked Brennan up after his classes and we went mini-golfing and played some arcade games. Brennan informed me that I was supposed to let the birthday boy win. Oops. :) After my display of awful birthday etiquette we enjoyed a delicious meal at Goodwood. So yummy! My sandwich was HUGE though. Check it out.
I ended up taking some of the chicken off. There was no way I was going to fit that in my mouth!
There's the birthday boy with one of his gifts from my parents, a game called Puerto Rico. It requires at least 3 players so if someone wants to play it with us we wouldn't mind...:)
I hope he managed to have a good day. He certainly deserves it. He works so hard for us, both at school and work. I'm lucky to have him.

Happy Birthday Brennan!

4 comments:

  1. Oh really? Maybe you guys should teach us how to play! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! Did you frost those cupcakes? If not, you failed at being a "cute little wife". :) And you forgot to mention you finished off that huge chicken sandwich. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well...I got chocolate frosting but I didn't have time to wait for the cupcakes to cool because I had to get to work. So I just took the frosting and knife. He had to frost his own cupcakes. I suppose that disqualifies me. :( And yes I finished it. I'm disgusting, I know. And now the whole world knows too. Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete