Wednesday, June 6, 2012

our life slows down a bit

It sure has been awhile since I have blogged. I'm not sure why I suddenly stopped. We have had a good couple of weeks.  Brennan is done with school for the summer which has made life much more relaxing for all of us. He has an internship in the finance department at the City of Coralville.  He works there three days a week (which means we don't get to enjoy the 25 cent entry to the pool that the full-timers get, bummer) and then he works at Cold Stone two days.  So he is still plenty busy, but instead of devoting himself to school work when he gets home he gets to hang out with me and Tatum. Yay! He is planning on taking the GMAT in August so he does have to spend time studying and preparing for that, but we will take what we can get.

We spent Memorial Day with my parents.  We played tennis, ultimate frisbee, kubb, and some cards. And we ate lots of yummy food. My dad even hung the porch swing that I have been missing so Tatum and I got to try that out.
 
Tatum turned five months old a couple of weeks ago.  She is growing like a weed.  I took her in for her weight check since she was pretty small at her 4 month appointment.  She weighed 12 lbs exactly, and the doctor seemed pleased with that. In the almost two weeks since then I swear she has chunked up quite a bit.  All of a sudden she just seems a lot bigger to me. She rolls from tummy to back quite regularly, but has only rolled from back to front once.  She sits up like a champ. She still tumbles a lot but for the most part she does quite well.

Tatum got to try out the baby swings at the park for the first time. It is pretty cute to watch her in them. She seems so tiny.
 
We also bought her an outdoor swing for home.  It hangs below our deck but it doesn't come with much rope, so it is pretty high.  We still use it, but it definitely needs more rope or chain.
And here are just some cute pictures of our growing girl.
Check out those big blue eyes.
She loves sitting up.  It is fun to see her learning new things but now that she can sit up she really hates to lay down at all.  And she can't sit well enough for me to feel comfortable leaving her unattended, so I'm feeling a little more tethered to her these days.  But look how happy it makes her.
Life is good.

1 comment:

  1. What blue eyes? I can hardly see them. I can't believe she is that old. How stinking cute.

    ReplyDelete