Tuesday, October 23, 2012

quarter of a century

Well it happened. I got old.  I'm not sure how, but it just sort of happened. Somehow I turned 25, which to me just sounds old.  Like grown up.  And I'm not sure I feel all that grown up.  I kind of feel like I just graduated from high school.

It was a good birthday.  Brennan surprised me and took the afternoon off work and made me a delicious lunch and brought a yummy ice cream cake from Cold Stone.  That evening we headed to my parents' house and they were nice enough to watch Tatum while we went to a couple of stores and then to see The Dark Knight Rises.  It was a good show, but I think I would have preferred to watch it at home.  It was also a late movie so we didn't get back to my parent's until about midnight.  Midnight is late to me...I am totally getting old.
 I got lots of scarves for my birthday. Clearly people realized my wardrobe needed an update. Thanks everyone!

Brennan doesn't look tired at all, does he? :) This was after the movie.

I got to spend most of my day with this little cutie, what more could I ask for?

On Sunday night I got another yummy cake with my family.  Thanks mom!
It was really a great day.  Thanks to everyone for the visits, the texts, the gifts, the cards and the phone calls! I have some pretty remarkable people in my life.


4 comments:

  1. um... I think you forgot your most favorite part of the day. I'll give you a hint. It starts with a P and ends with a edicure. ha! You know you liked it. :) Oh and maybe people just think your neck looks cold all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you are old and spoiled! I'm glad you had a great birthday! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great day! Happy happy birthday! So I noticed Wendy's comment...where did you get your pedicure?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! 25 is such a great age. You're going to love it :)

    ReplyDelete