Monday, October 25, 2010

My Birth Week

It was my birthday last week. I'm 23. Wow, that seems incredibly weird to me. I'm not sure when or how I became an adult. I'm not even sure how I feel about it. But here I am. :)

It felt like there celebrations practically all week. Last Saturday we got to hang out with Gretchen and Andy at their cute house. They taught us how to play euchre and it was a blast! We've got a new favorite game.

On Sunday we headed to my parents house for my family birthday dinner. When I was younger, every year my mom would ask me what kind of cake I wanted for my birthday. And every year, without fail I would ask for a chocolate spider cake. I decided to revisit my childhood and requested it again this year. My sweet mother obliged.
How sweet is that?! It's pretty easy to see why I always asked for it, isn't it? Thanks mom!

It was a gorgeous fall day so we all headed out to Palisades to enjoy the weather and play some frisbee. We found a big tree that had fallen over part of the dam, so we all braved the heights and crossed over (except mom of course). We were sure to get plenty of dam jokes in since there were huge signs that said "dam" just about everywhere you looked. We Cardons sure are funny. :)
Brennan and Macy getting ready to cross together.
The girls after we survived the crossing.
After a delicious meal of homemade egg rolls and fried rice it was time for that amazing cake.
Making a wish...I failed. Only five candles, and I failed.

Despite the failed wish it was still a great day with family! Gotta love birthdays!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you were spoiled like always! I remember those spider cakes every year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And didn't you always ask for egg rolls for you birthday dinner? I seem to recall that you did. I'm a copycat.

    ReplyDelete