Thursday, September 6, 2012

Labor Day

Well Labor Day kind of came out of nowhere this year. :) I guess it's really not that big of a holiday so it's not too much of a surprise that it caught me off guard.  But in our boring lives we have to use every excuse we can to have some fun.  We actually spent the morning doing housework and I was feeling quite accomplished while Brennan was going stir crazy and hoping I had some great adventure planned for us. I had no great plans really, but we did venture up to Cedar Rapids to do some mini golf and watch a water ski show. It was painfully muggy and eventually rained on us a little but we still managed to have fun.

Brennan offered to carry Tatum in the carrier during mini golf, but I insisted that he let me so I could use it as an excuse when I lost.  I did lose, but I also didn't carry her the whole time. That girl is getting heavy! I had to hand her over to Brennan halfway through.  I also hoped it would mess with his game but I guess he is just THAT good.


See, it was hard to golf while holding her. I had to try to peer around that big noggin of hers!
I didn't realize how unpleasant it looked for Tatum until I saw Brennan golfing while holding her. She was a trooper and didn't complain the whole time. But I laughed every time I saw her just hanging there while Brennan golfed.


After mini golf we headed to the water ski show.  Since it was raining we weren't in a huge hurry to make it to the show so we stopped at Walmart for a few things and by the time we got there we had missed the first half.  Not really a huge deal, but we also missed all the decent seats.  It was still fun to watch but it would have been more fun if we could have heard what the announcer was saying and explaining.  And been able to see better. And if we hadn't been near half a dozen smokers.  And if the humidity wasn't at 100%.  But really, it was enjoyable!

I wish this picture wasn't blurry, I love the face she is making!
 Wow, they were certainly cut from the same mold.


We ended the day by picking up a Little Caesar's pizza.  Not exactly the typical Labor Day grilling, and not exactly gourmet.  But hey, we do things our own way around here! Hope you all had a great Labor Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment