Tuesday, January 29, 2013

life after vacation

It is always hard to come back to real life after vacation. This time it was even harder because Tatum was a big grump after we got home. She was incredibly attached to me and not sleeping the greatest (she ended up in our bed more often than not during the first week home). We finally looked in her mouth and saw that she was working on all four top teeth at once. Ouch! I guess she might have had an excuse for her grumpiness. One tooth has definitely cut through now, maybe even two and she has been much happier so I assume her pain has diminished.

We really haven't been up to much. We enjoyed the last week of Brennan's vacation from school but with a week and a half of the new semester under his belt, it doesn't look like this semester should be too awful.  After he gets his grad school applications in anyway. We dog sat for some friends of ours and Tatum loved it. It made me want to get a dog just so she could have a little playmate. When I would go to get her out of her crib she would go "ah-ah" right away, just so excited to see the dog again. It was kind of sad when she woke up and he was gone. :(

My parents were kind enough to come and babysit for us and some friends of ours so we could go on a date to see Les Miserables. Despite all the rave reviews I must say it wasn't my favorite. It was good, just not super awesomely fantastic. But it was nice to get out and do something we don't normally do and have a little break from the wee one, so thanks mom and dad!

Tatum has started to form an attachment to the monkeys and blanket she sleeps with. Sometimes she will ask us to get them out of the crib and then she insists on carrying all three. If one falls she will stop and rearrange things until she get them all in her arms again. It is pretty entertaining to watch.


That's about it around here. We have gotten together with friends and family a few times which is always fun. Oh, and Tatum fell down the stairs today. I can't forget to mention that highlight of our lives. It was sad and I might have been freaking out a little on the inside but I thought I managed to stay quite calm and composed on the surface. Luckily she only cried for a minute, and really not very hard. She is one tough cookie and I am so glad she didn't get hurt!

I'll end with a few cute pictures of the Tater Tot. On one of the nights she was having a hard time sleeping because of her teeth she ended up out with us in the living room about an hour after going to bed. Just in time for our dessert. She wanted nothing to do with dad, until she saw that he had some yummy cookie. Then she was more than happy to hang out with him on the couch!


1 comment:

  1. tater tot! such a great nickname. :) That's so sad that she fell down the stairs. I remember when Oakley did that (thankfully only once) my heart just about stopped.. but she didn't cry for long. Mostly I think she was just scared, not hurt. I'd be Brennan's friend too if he had a big cookie! We need to hang out.

    ReplyDelete