Friday, February 18, 2011

Mother Dearest

Tomorrow is my mom's birthday so I thought I would wish her a happy birthday on my blog. The woman deserves so much more than anything I can come up with to say on here, but I guess my best will have to do. I would say my mother raisED five kids, but I think it would be more accurate to say she is raisING five kids. Past tense just doesn't work, once you are a mom, you are always a mom. At least that's how it is for my mom. She is just as much a mother to me today as she was ten years ago. All her kids are grown, but she doesn't take her job any less seriously. Just today she came out to our house and helped me paint our bathroom. Even after sustaining a painful tailbone injury earlier in the week. Now that is a devoted mother. It is just so obvious when I speak with or interact with my mom that she wants the best for me and my siblings. And if there is ever anything she can do to help us have the best or to make our lives easier she is sure to do it. I am fairly certain that I have the best mom in the world :) and I really, truly wish that everyone in the world could have a mom as wonderful as her. She could not have loved me any better or been a better example to me. But mother is just one of her many titles in this world. Over the years I have watched her be a fantastic wife, a caring friend, a devoted visiting teacher, and a faith relief society president. Unfortunately, I have not always treated my mom like the amazing woman that she. Like so many things in this life I take what I have for granted. But I hope she knows that I appreciate all she has done for me and I admire her.

If I can grow up to be even half the woman she is, I will be content.

I love you mom. Happy birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment