Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Once upon a time, Brennan had a birthday

Wow, I have some major blog catching up to do. I'm not sure how I let so much time pass. I have gone back and forth over whether to just forget about what has happened since my last post, or to go ahead and take the time to catch up. But since someday...maybe..I might make a book out of my blog, I would like it to be as complete as possible. So I will at least give a shot at catching up.

After our trip to St. Louis in mid March we had a couple of Birthdays to celebrate, dad's and Brennan's. Nothing too exciting to report on either one, just fun times with family.

Brennan turned 24 and we had family over for cake and ice cream and a game of Quelf. Brennan loves that game but the rest of us have not been convinced of its greatness. Since it was his birthday we let him choose. We are so nice. :)

The sweet Canada shirt Crystal and Rich gave him in honor of his mission.
I love this shirt my parents gave him. I never thought of the resemblance between Brennan's hair and a Chia pet until this shirt. Now I always sing the little diddy to him. He loves it. :/ He starts at the University of Iowa in the fall so they also gave him some Hawkeye gear and a handy dandy pocket knife that he has been dying for.
It's been so long I can't even remember if we went out for his birthday or if I just made dinner for him. But since he had to work later that night, I'm pretty sure I made dinner. And some yummy snickerdoodles. It seemed lame to just have cookies and not a cake on his birthday so I arranged them all cheesily and still had him blow out a candle.
That wrapped up the month of March. Getting closer to July....:)

2 comments:

  1. Those cookies are cheesy! ;) Looks like you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I didn't have enough cookies to spell Happy Birthday! haha.

    ReplyDelete