Monday, March 26, 2012

spring break: part 1

Time to play catch up.

Two weeks ago Brennan had his spring break.  Originally we had planned on going to Arizona to see Mara, Ben, and Jade but those plans fell through.  We couldn't seem to come up with anything else that seemed worth the money so we decided to just stay home.  I didn't want Brennan to feel like it wasn't even a real break by just doing all the things we normally would and filling his time with work.  Plus, I was pretty bummed about not being able to go to Arizona so I was determined to do some fun things. As determined as I might have felt, I'm pretty sure I failed.  But I did keep Brennan from working too much and Tatum and I got to spend a lot more time with him than usual, so it was still a great week. (At least for the two of us, hopefully for Brennan too though!)

On Monday we hit up dollar bowling night in Cedar Rapids with Gretchen and Andy.  My mom and dad were nice enough to watch Tatum for us.  She didn't have the best day so I was definitely grateful for the break.  After Brennan and I proved that we are the worst bowlers we all headed over to Orange Leaf, a new frozen yogurt place in the area.  I tried their pomegranate yogurt-yum!!!!

All week the weather was amazing considering it was only the middle of March in the middle of Iowa.  But you won't hear me complain! (Except maybe you will.  I started to feel like we were going to miss out on spring all together and just go straight to summer. I wasn't very happy about that.  But it's beginning to feel a bit more spring-like now.:)) We got to go on lots of walks and runs and on Tuesday we headed over to the nearby park and just hung out for awhile.  Tatum still isn't quite sure what to do about the sun and had a hard time keeping her eyes open.


I bought her a little sun hat that is too big now but hopefully that way it will fit her all summer. It seemed to help a little and it sure is cute on her!




It was lots of fun to just be outside with Tatum, doing something different. And it was great to have dad with us in the middle of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment