Thursday, February 12, 2015

I'm so glad when daddy gets home

I fun new part of our routine is watching for daddy to come home. We live on the 13th floor and pretty much right above one of the guard stations/entrances. We can also see the bus stop from our balcony so no matter what means of transportation Brennan takes from work we can see him arrive home.  The kids love it. I'm not going to lie, I have moments of resentment that he seems to be always be the fun parent and the role of mean, boring, disciplinary parent falls to me. :) But mostly I just love to see how much they love him. And I can certainly imagine that it must feel pretty special to come home after work to screams of excitement from 13 stories up. If I was ever away from my children I think I would like them to greet me like that when I came back. :)

Now anytime we go out on the balcony Declan thinks it's time for daddy to come home and he squats down and says "da...da....DA.." and gets louder and louder. 


Unless you are looking for us, like Brennan is, no one really sees or notices us so clothing is totallly optional....at least Declan thinks so.






After we see him come in the gate the kids run inside and ask me to open the door so they can watch for him to come off the elevator. Tatum always wants to try to scare him.

Brennan will be the first to tell you that I don't act nearly as excited as the kids do, but trust me I'm pretty glad when daddy comes home too. :)


1 comment:

  1. Love it! I can relate to every word and picture- except the whole 13th story thing. Good gravy how do you get groceries up there?! I love the part in the video when Declan's belly just kind of shows up. ha! Also, that picture of the kids watching the piercing at the festival is PRICELESS. You should definitely frame that one. Good for you for going! You are adventurous. :)

    ReplyDelete