Monday, July 9, 2012

the weary travelers return

We spent the last week and a half in Utah and Idaho and we are finally home and trying to recover.  Tatum was a much better traveler than I feared she would be, making the trip much more enjoyable than it could have been. I have made that cross-country drive for my entire life and yet I never get used to it.  It is long and brutal. And it feels a little more long and brutal with a baby.  She had it easy and even she was yawning by the time we pulled into Utah. :)

We began our stay by stopping at Grandpa's to see him.  He had been unresponsive for several days so the visit was quite depressing, but I'm glad we were able to get there in time for my dad to see him one more time. Then we headed to Nathan and Stacy's to spend the afternoon and try to get some rest before heading to Idaho for our family reunion the next morning.

Look how grown up she looks! Good grief.  She was happy to be out of the car and to watch and play with her cousins.




We packed in lots of fun on this trip, with late nights and early mornings. We came home exhausted. And rather than have one enormous post, I'm planning on breaking it up a little. Up next: Cardon family reunion.

No comments:

Post a Comment